- Here at ChiIL Mama, the kids love to chill out and relax with video games. It was our pleasure to recently play and review the Petz Beach video game. We're familiar with the series and have enjoyed several of their past games, and we're not the only ones. Did you know Petz has sold over 23 MILLION units worldwide?!
- With Petz Beach, they're back on Nintendo 3DS just in time for the holidays, and more interactive than ever. This game includes 50 different types of animals and a host of adventures that change with the seasons, for year round fun! The game also expands as you play, gives you the ability to connect with friends, and more.
- Petz fans will embark on the ultimate adventure in Petz Beach, where players can care for a variety of dogs, complete quests to expand their village and connect with other Petz owners.
- The animals are adorable! This game will charm your littles with the cutest critters out there. My tween, who wants to be a veterinarian, was entranced, though she conceded younger kids would enjoy it more.
- There's a lot of reading involved and following directions to care for your pets. So kids are learning and strengthening their vocabulary and skills while having fun.
- This game is non violent, rated E for Everyone, and encourages nurturing.
My grandma worked for Encyclopaedia Britannica for years in Chicago and I think she would have been thrilled to see all the new innovations that go way beyond book sets.
- This game does skew young in style and taste, but younger players who are not strong readers may be frustrated by all the text and skip over crucial directions.
- The 3DS visuals are not recommended for kids under 7 years old and can actually cause vision damage! Now, the settings can be flipped to 2D on the unit for younger kids, but we worry a bit about kids switching it up on their own, and parents not monitoring it, since this is a game that appeals to the under 7 set.
- Beyond dogs & cats:
- Variety of animals and adventures—something for every kid. There are more than 50 different types of animals in the game from dogs and cats, to dolphins and whales. Because the environment in game changes with the seasons, the adventure lasts all year long!
- The game expands as you play. As players explore the town and meet new neighbors with their pets, the game expands and grows. Helping new friends will expand the village as the game progresses.
- You Might Also Like:
- Petz Countryside (another Petz game that launches on the same day as Petz Beach) Kids and their virtual pets can enjoy the same fun experience in a different environment.
- Petz Beach & Petz Countryside Product Specifications:
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Release Date: October 14, 2014
- Platform: Nintendo 3DS system
- Category: Pet Simulation and Adventures
- Rating: E
- Avoid the rush and getting mauled at the mall. Order Petz Beach on Amazon.com
- I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Post a Comment