ReptileFest April 10 - 11 from 10am-5pm, the Chicago Herpetological Society is hosting ReptileFest at the UIC Phys Ed Bldg., 901 W. Roosevelt.
Adults $8.00. Kids 3-11 $6.00. Print the coupon below for $1.00 off admission for everyone in your party. Find out more at ReptileFest.com.
- See and touch hundreds of reptiles and amphibians from around the world
- 40,000 square feet of exhibits, vendors, and games
- Meet the Iguana Squad to learn about proper care for all species of iguanas.
- Climb into a tortoise pen
- Have your photo taken with a large reptile
- Learn about reptiles and amphibians in your backyard and beyond
- Talk about herp health with a vetrinarian
- Purchase preferred pet products, t-shirts, and jewelry
Kidical Mass--Make history this Saturday, with Chicago's first Kidical Mass bike ride. Kidical Mass began in Oregon and the idea is spreading to bike friendly cities across the nation. If you want to ride, meet at Palmer Square / bunny park with your kids and your bikes and your kids on bikes for a kidical mass ride to Humboldt park and back.
The first Chicago Kidical Mass ride will be held Saturday March 20 in Palmer Square in the Logan Square neighborhood. Riders will gather at 9 a.m. for a 9:30 a.m. departure and may ride until 10:30 a.m. The ride will start and end at “the bunny park” playground in Palmer square. The park is in the middle of Palmer Boulevard between Kedzie & Humbolt Boulevards. Future rides are proposed for each 3rd Saturday of the month.
Check out the Green Parent Chicago link for more info.
Also, Saturday at 11AM, The Verve Pipe plays Schuba's as part of their fun family series. Check out their site for more details.
Whip It--Windy City Style The Roller Girls are back for another season. Come join the fun. April's bout is Saturday night at 6pm. Doors open at 5pm. Come early to avoid the lines.