FREE family friendly fire fun!
ChiIL out with ChiIL Mama and hot fire spinning on the Chicago lakefront!
jam starts 7:30pm
ChiIL Live Shows original photos. Check back like we vote in Chi, IL... early and often, for more of our Full Moon Fire Jam Photo and Video Recaps!
The fire breathing is over the top impressive. And the fire spinners come in a huge array of types, ages, and styles.
You might even see saber juggling, contact juggling and other fireless implements. And the fire toys run the gamut from hula hoops and poi to flaming swords, fans, staffs, chains and more!
Not just boys fun!
Worlds Collide Alert: Some of the coolest people we know perform at the fire jam. We frequently see the teachers and students we know from the circus arts world via CircEsteem there, and Sagezilla was in Girls Rock Camp during the July Jam, and she was super stoked to see one of the band members who had just played for them in camp!
The July Jam was extra special as it was one of only two held behind the gorgeous Garfield Conservatory...one of our all time fav places in the city! We hooked up with old friends from Chicago Hip Families we hadn't seen in years, including a family that had moved away to the west coast.
We also made a point to meet up with a number of school friends we hadn't seen much over the summer. It was lovely!
LAKEFRONT JAMS: ¼ mile south of the Foster Ave Turf Fields on the lakefront. Lakefront jams are NOT! at Foster Ave Beach, they are south of the beach, on the east side of the lakefront trail, in the big field. Approximate address: 5100N & Lake Shore Drive 60640.
GPC JAMS: There are two jams marked in the schedule as occurring “at GPC.” These are the two jams taking place at the Garfield Park Conservatory, NOT at the lakefront. GPC is located at 300 N. Central Park Ave., Chicago, IL 60624.
TO LAKEFRONT JAMS
- BIKE Take the lakefront trail North. If you hit Foster Ave beach, you’ve gone too far. Please be respectful of the park and its guests.
- CAR Lake Shore Drive to Foster Ave, go east (towards the Lake) on Foster Ave. When the street curves around to the right, follow it. The jam is a 1/4 mile down on the west side of the street. Parking is free but hard to come by due to the amount of spectators.
- TRAIN Red Line to Argyle. Walk towards the lakefront, under Lake Shore Drive via the viaduct and you emerge right at the jam.
- BUS 146 bus will drop you off at Marine & Argyle or Marine & Ainslie. Walk towards the lakefront, under Lake Shore Drive (at Argyle) via the viaduct and you emerge right at the jam.
TO THE GPC JAMS
- BIKE GPC can be accessed by bike. For best directions/routes, use Google Maps to plot your route to 300 N. Central Park Ave., Chicago, IL 60624.
- CAR There is FREE PARKING is just south of the Conservatory’s main entrance. For best directions/routes, use Google Maps to plot your route to 300 N. Central Park Ave., Chicago, IL 60624.
- TRAIN Take the CTA Green Line to the new Conservatory-Central Park Drive Station. The station is just steps away from the Garfield Park Conservatory. Please note: the Conservatory is located at the “Conservatory-Central Park” stop of the Green line on the West Side of Chicago, not the “Garfield” stop on the South Side at 55th St.
- BUS The 82 Kimball-Homan bus will drop you off two blocks east of GPC.