Bookamania, Harold Washington Library-Chicago
photo by ChiIL Mama
Welcome to March, that crazy month that jerks us around with snow on the crocuses and gusty winds that have us breakin' out the kites and optimistically wearing shorts and snow boots. We might even get a little taste of tank top weather in Chi Town, just don't pack up your winter coat just yet.
It's a double birthday month in our family. Du-Jay's turning double digits at the tail end of winter this year, and I've got a duplicate digit birthday in early spring, the day before April fools day. Yes...I am 22, thanks for askin'. OK, double that.
But, we're not "lion" below...March also means Music Month!
Here are all the kindie bands with new March releases, that we'll be reviewing AND giving away (nationwide) in the near future:
- March 1st-The wait is over! Gustafer Yellowgold’s Infinity Sock, the fourth in the award-winning series of Gustafer Yellowgold DVD/CD sets by illustrator/songwriter Morgan Taylor, will be released March 1, 2011 (Apple-Eye Productions, $19.99. run time approx. 90 minutes total content, for ages 4 and up).
Morgan Taylor developed the “musical moving storybook” Gustafer Yellowgold experience as equal parts pop rock concert and minimally animated movie. Featuring guest artists John Stirratt and Pat Sansone of WILCO, along with John Munson (bassist for Semisonic and late ‘80s cult favorite Trip Shakespeare), Gustafer Yellowgold’s Infinity Sock is the first Gustafer Yellowgold DVD/CD package to have a storyline, unfolding in graphic novel fashion and weaving together ten thought provoking, melodic soft-rock music videos in the inimitable Gustafer Yellowgold style, ranging from sublime alt-pop to gentle acoustic. *Enter to win a signed and numbered, limited edition Infinity Sock poster, through midnight 3/29.
- March 8th-Brooklyn-based, multi-faceted independent children’s recording artist David Weinstone, whose music videos are seen daily on the Nick Jr. channel, announces the March 8th release of his newest Music for Aardvarks and Other Mammals CD, All I Want! (Music for Aardvarks and Other Mammals, $13.98, for ages 0 – 7, run time 41 minutes.) The highly anticipated disc is the first full-length album of new songs in three years from one of the most influential children’s songwriters of our time. *Enter to win your own copy through midnight 3/29
- March 15th-Broza is back! Four-time Emmy-winning composer/performer Jamie Broza announces the March 15 release of his first new children’s album in five years, I Want a Dog! (Good Mood Records, $12.99, for ages 3 – 7, run time 41 minutes). The Latin-infused album features a guest appearance by Jamie’s cousin, Israeli superstar David Broza. *Enter to win your own copy through midnight 3/29.
Free Ticket Tuesdays (In Chicago)-Beat Kitchen Concerts for Kids and Schubas Family Series both continue their excellent family friendly shows. ChiIL Mama will have free CD give away tie ins and reviews, our very own video interviews with bands, live performance footage, and stills.
We pick our first today with tickets to Human Tim + Robot Tim at Beat Kitchen next Sunday, 3/6 at noon. You can still enter to win your own copy of their excellent CD, Pop of the Tots in our Win A Disc Wednesday entry form, through midnight 3/8.
Check out the details and enter HERE through midnight 3/7 for tickets to any or all of the following:
- Dreamworks Madagascar Live! is coming to Rosemont Theatre starting March 16th, and you can still enter to win a Family 4 pack of FREE tickets to opening night.
- Little Miss Ann and Candy Band are on a double bill at Beat Kitchen, Sunday March 13th. We'll be posting interviews, live footage and lots of pixs of both bands, leading up to the show. Enter for your chance at 4 free tickets.
*In conjunction with the show, we have a 3 CD special for one lucky winner--Candy Band's latest release-High Five plus Little Miss Anne's Clap for Love AND Music for Tots. Enter on Win A Disc Wednesdays.
- How Far To Austin, an adult, but family friendly, rock/pop/soul band, featuring Chicago parents Tate and Katie Troelstrup, have offered our readers a great give away. *We have 2 pairs of tickets to their show on 3/11/11 AND 4 signed CDs for all winners. Enter for your chance to win and/or click HERE to purchase tixs.
- Gustafer Yellowgold’s Infinity Sock poster the last Wednesday of March. Enter all month through midnight 3/29. *Our give away is a special, limited edition, signed and numbered, “retro-screened” Gustafer Yellowgold’s Infinity Sock poster. The DVD you've gotta buy, but it's soo worth it.
Good luck! Check in with ChiIL Mama like we vote in Chicago...early and often. We often add new tickets, reviews, photo filled features and give away throughout the month.
Post a Comment