ChiIL out with sweet snacks,
treats that go beyond candy bars,
and rockin' recipes.
Disclosure: Thanks to our friends at Pepperidge Farm for sending these sweet snacks our way for review purposes. We're happy to partner up with them and give our readers the heads up about these cool fall recipes and tasty treats.
Didja Know: Goldfish crackers come in a 25 pack of snack sized pouches of Cheddar and Fudge Brownie Grahams, that say Happy Halloween and are the perfect size to hand out as an antidote to an overload of sugary snacks. Salty...sweet...salty...sweet.
No trick. These sweet treats from Pepperidge Farm are perfect for fall and super easy for seasonal entertaining when you're too busy to bake. We got to sample the Caramel Apple Pie Cookies and the Pumpkin Spice Milanos. Yum!!
Morning Kick-Off – You’ve got a big day of trick-or-treating ahead of you, kick the day off right with a warm and wholesome breakfast that includes Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Spice Swirl bread. Whether you toast a few slices or use it as a seasonal upgrade to your favorite French toast recipe, the delicious smell of Pumpkin Spice Swirl bread is sure to get your kids up and at the breakfast table in no time.
Afternoon Party Prep – It’s the final hours before the spooky festivities begin and you’ve got your party snacks ready. With Pepperidge Farm Wicked Dessert Puffs, Mummy Pizza Puffs and Franks Under Wraps, everyone will be trading their candy for your Puff Pastry treats.
Trick-Or-Treat Game Time – Kid-sized witches, mummies and Frankensteins are out in full force, give them a trick-or-treat prize they won’t soon forget with Goldfish Crackers Halloween packs. Available in 32-oz cartons and 25-count bags of Cheddar and Fudge Brownie Grahams, these grab-and-go packs will make your house the most popular trick-or-treat destination on the block.
Grown-Ups Only Midnight Snack – No need to dig into night’s candy loot, celebrate another successful Halloween in the bag with the sophisticated and seasonally inspired, Milano Pumpkin Spice Cookies.
Please see below for Pepperidge Farm’s Mummy Pizza Puff recipe.
MUMMY PIZZA PUFFS
THAW: 40 minutes
PREP: 15 minutes
BAKE: 20 minutes
COOL: 10 minutes
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 rectangles along the fold lines. Cut the pastry rectangles in half crosswise, making 6 (about 3x5-inch) rectangles. Place the pastry rectangles onto the baking sheet.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon sauce on each pastry to the edge. Top each with about 2 tablespoons cheese and 3 slices pepperoni.
- Unfold the remaining pastry sheet on the work surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 rectangles along the fold lines. Cut each pastry rectangle crosswise into 12 (about 3/4-inch wide) strips, making 36 in all.
- Arrange 6 pastry strips on each pastry, placing them slightly askew over the filling to resemble a mummy's bandages. Brush with the egg mixture. Place 2 olive slices on each pastry for the "eyes".
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Flavor Variation: For a twist on ham and cheese, omit the sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Layer 1 slice deli ham, 2 slices salami and 1 slice deli Cheddar cheese on eachpastry rectangle, folding the edges as needed to fit on the pastry without hanging over the sides. Arrange the pastry strips over the filling and proceed as directed above.
- Recipe Note: Parchment paper keeps the pastry from sticking to the baking sheet and also makes for easier cleanup. If you don't have parchment paper, you can spray the baking sheet with cooking spray instead. However, cooking spray may cause the bottoms of the pastries to brown more quickly, so begin checking for doneness 5 minutes early.
Disclosure: Thanks again to our friends at Pepperidge Farm for sending these sweet snacks our way for review purposes. We're happy to partner up with them and give our readers the heads up about these cool fall recipes and tasty treats.