Born to Blog
Everyone's born to do something amazing. What's your super power?
#TBT Bonnie age 1
#imbornto be curious & creative
Disclosure: It's our pleasure to partner up with The Motherhood and March of Dimes.We have been compensated for sharing this campaign with our readers. As always, all opinions are our own.
#TBT Bonnie age 5 #imbornto be a big sister, always growing, teaching and learning too
Back then I wanted to grow up to be a deep sea diver. And in elementary school when I did a report on wanting to be a reporter or a news anchor, I was told girls couldn't do that! Ditto for drumming. Thankfully my own son and daughter (now 14 & 12) live in more enlightened times-- My daughter's playing drums on stage at Girls Rock Camp for the 2nd year this summer. Still, a startling number of kids in the US are born prematurely, and need extra care, support and funds to reach their dreams and grow up healthy.
#TBT Bonnie now & at ages 1, 2, 3. I can't wait to see what my kids are born to do! Maybe it hasn't been invented yet.
Some of my dreams have morphed and changed over the years. I'm all good not drumming and diving. And I adore writing and using my influence for social good, instead of reporting the nightly news. ChiIL Mama's elated to be chosen as one of just 39 mom bloggers nationwide, representing the 39 weeks of a full term pregnancy. Together we're the Mod Squad, and we're spreading the word about The March of Dimes and how you can help! Check back with us early and often from April through June and follow along on the #imbornto hashtag.
ChiILin' with ChiIL MamaClick here to check out our photo filled feature on ChiIL Mama's "I'm Born To" Pajama Party in the Park in Chi, IL.
Our friend, Sandia, lovin' her
March of Dimes pups
ChiIL Mama's seriously stoked to be a part of this three-month social media program with a team of 39 “MoDSquad” mom bloggers and a team of dad bloggers, too. The I'm Born To campaign is designed to raise awareness of March of Dimes’ important work and programs that improve the lives of babies and families everywhere. These guys are the pros on preemies and they have over 75 years of staying power.
ChiIL Mama had a blast finding out how our friends complete I'm born to... and giving away lots of adorable goodies from March Of Dimes' partners ALEX AND ANI, Kmart, Mud Pie, & Bon-Ton!! All are donating a percentage of their proceeds from sales to March of Dimes.
Father’s Day, Graduation Season and Wedding Season are great excuses to shop it up and help out. March of Dimes has partnered with businesses that want to help babies. Want to help out? There's lots you can do to help from the comforts of home.
• Mud Pie – will donate $2 to the #imbornto campaign for every Bella Bar, Mom Bar and Mommy and Me jewelry item purchased for Mother’s Day. In addition, Mud Pie will donate 10¢ from each baby headband or sock purchase to the March of Dimes throughout the year.
• Bon-Ton (and sister stores) – This May, with any $75 fragrance purchase for Mom (or yourself), you can receive a fragrance atomizer for just $1, filled with your choice of fragrance. 100% of the atomizer purchase will benefit the March of Dimes. Starting April 30 when you donate $3, you’ll receive a $10-off coupon for your purchase of $25 or more. Or shop online, donate $3 and receive 25% off!
• Martha Stewart – Join the #THX2U movement and share your appreciation of Mom with the world. Upload a baby picture of your child, grandchild, or yourself using the hashtag #THX2U, and $10 of the Emeril/MSLO/Meredith donation will be recognized for each uploaded photo in support of the imbornto campaign.
• eBay – Visit eBay’s Charity Shop for Mother’s Day gifts where proceeds from your purchase support the March of Dimes. Also, from May 4 – 11 you will be able to make a donation to the March of Dimes at checkout when making purchases on eBay.
• A&E Jewelers – will donate 20% of the price of each twinkling Swarovski encrusted sterling silver March of Dimes Enchanted “Healthy Beginnings” Necklace available in three stone options.
• Alex and Ani – will donate 20% of the purchase price* from each Special Delivery Charm Bangle sold, with a minimum donation of $25,000, between March 2015 and December 2015, to the March of Dimes.
• Kmart – Now through June 20, 2015 Kmart, the #1 March of Dimes fundraiser for more than 30 years, will donate $1 from the in-store or online purchase of each puppy figurine to the March of Dimes (minimum donation of $30,000). Kmart and the March of Dimes are proud to work together for stronger, healthier babies.
We already know many people who have walked for March of Dimes and donated time and/or money over the years. Now you can do your part by shopping at one or more of these merchants, donating, or taking part in partner promotions to support the cause. Visit imbornto.com to learn more about special offers from all of their partners.
#imbornto be a videographer, photographer, interviewer, and agent of change.
I'm born to be a daughter and a mother, and leave the world a better place through my words, influence & actions. My parents were born in 1938 (Just like March of Dimes). Think of the monumental changes, inventions, advancements and innovations that have occurred in their lifetimes!
What are you & your kids born to do? Only time will tell.
About March of Dimes
President Franklin D. Roosevelt founded The March of Dimes in 1938 to combat polio and they succeeded. In the decades to follow, they never stopped protecting the health of America’s children. March of Dimes-funded research has saved millions of babies from death or disability. New research offers hope for treatments and preventions for serious problems, like birth defects and premature birth.
Today, the March of Dimes is inspired by all babies – those born healthy and those who need help to survive and thrive. These babies are the millions of reasons behind our urgent mission and why the March of Dimes:
• supports all important research into the causes and preventions for premature birth and birth defects
• fights for health insurance for all pregnant women and children
• pushes for expanded newborn screening that could save lives and prevent disabilities
• reaches out to women with healthy pregnancy information and services
• provides comfort and information to families with a newborn in intensive care
Disclosure: Once again, it's our pleasure to partner up with The Motherhood and March of Dimes. We have been compensated for sharing this campaign with our readers. As always, all opinions are our own.