Du-Jay and Sagezilla were thrilled to be in their first circus shows with Circesteem in December.
Here's a little sampler with at least a dab of yellow, for Mellow Yellow Monday. We'll have full slide shows up from both Saturday and Sunday's performances this week, plus video clips.
Classes in circus skills, aerial arts, Spanish web, trampoline, gym wheel, and more start up again this week in Chicago's Uptown area near Sheridan and Lawrence. Kids and adults can run away with the circus without ever leaving home. The staff is fantastic at strengthening bodies and minds and building self esteem.
2010 was an extraordinary year for CircEsteem!
- CircEsteem provided over 200 hours of tutoring to low income at risk youth in ourHomeWork & CircusWork program.
- CircEsteem provided over 3,000 bags of healthy food from Whole Foods Market to youth and families.
- Over 10,000 kids participated in CircEsteem programs.
- CircEsteem youth performed more than 100 shows and workshops reaching over 10,000 people in the U.S. and Germany.
- 15 CircEsteem youth traveled to Germany for a 3-week circus exchange and tour with Circus Pimparello.
- CircEsteem's outreach programs expanded to serve youth in 11 different public and private school locations around Chicago.
2011 will be even more exciting as they celebrate their 10-year anniversary.
****Special: The new session will run from January 8 through March 5. The 2nd session of classes will run from March 12 right up until the Spring Circus on May 13th and 14th.
This year we are offering something special. If you sign up and pay for both sessions at the same time you will receive a free adult ticket to the Spring Circus. We want to start planning now for our 10th anniversary show, and knowing that the kids will be registered for both sessions is incredibly helpful in this planning process.
Click the link below for more Mellow Yellow Monday fun from around the world.