Click on the slide show for full screen options.
We gave our Jewel stir fry pan and roasting pan a try out with family, and loved them!
Earn stamps through today. Last stamps awarded 1/12/11. Redeem them and get your sets through 1/26/11.
Food and Family
Holiday Survey Results
· Perhaps unsurprisingly, 70% of Americans indicate that, during the holidays, food brings them and their families the most joy
o Gifts, meanwhile, came in at 48%
· Just under 60% of holiday meal hosts report doing all the work themselves, without asking guests to bring anything along
· Despite the amount of food involved in the holidays, 75% of respondents say eating healthy is important to them and their families
· Although generally perceived as the centerpiece to holiday meal entertaining, 41% said that the main entrée is the dish most susceptible to tinkering, while only 37% said they would change up their appetizer offering
As for Chicago, here are a couple trends that set our city apart from the rest of the country:
- Celebrating big in Chicago: People in Chicago are more likely to have large celebrations, with 33 percent saying they will host nine to 14 people, compared with 22 percent nationwide. Price of food is more of a concern among Chicago respondents, with 36 percent citing it as an important consideration versus 28 percent nationally. When asked if they could have any living person at their holiday dinner table, Chicagoans picked their family, followed by the First Family (the Obamas).
(Study was conducted by Harris Interactive research in October 2010. Results brought to you by Jewel-Osco and SUPERVALU, who sponsored an extensive study of U.S. and Chicago parents, to get more insight into the preparations and foods that are central to the holiday
All that purchasing and prep work can pay off with gratitude from your well fed family and more. Remember, Jewel rewards the hosts, with quality cookware. Check out ChiIL Mama's prior post HERE.
All those stamps you accumulated feeding the family over Thanksgiving and Christmas can be redeemed through January 26th for some sweet, new pans, to make your life easier. Or, maybe you can give them as gifts to next year's host and pass on the cooking torch. Either way, you win.