We can't wait to go to Allstate Arena this Friday night for the kids' first Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam! They're stoked. We've already picked our family 4 pack ticket winner, but once again, all our readers are winners at ChiIL Mama. Here's a discount code and quick link you can use for reduced tickets. Hope to see you out there!
Wanna learn more? All you motorheads out there who like to geek out on monster truck facts. Here's a little something for you to impress your friends with.
Today’s monster trucks use lightweight bodies and tires so more strength and weight can be put into the frame without sacrificing speed, maneuverability, or safety.
- Body – Made of fiberglass, a monster truck body is custom designed to create a character or theme for the truck. Custom body trucks can be carved by hand out of Styrofoam and wood to create a “plug” which is then used to create a fiberglass body mold or created by computers.
- Driver Seat – Most monster trucks have the driver seated in the center of the vehicle so he or she can best see the track for weight distribution. The seats are custom molded to each driver’s body and all drivers use head and neck restraint devices to keep their heads secure during rough landings. As a safety measure, all seatbelts employ a 5 point harness to restrain the driver’s body.
- Paint – Most Monster Jam® monster trucks feature highly designed, customized airbrushed artwork on their bodies. Airbushing is expensive and time consuming as some trucks require more than 40 hours of paint time. Monster Jam body fabricators are always assured lots of work though, as their custom creations are routinely destroyed during the shows.
- Engines – Custom-built, supercharged and methanol-injected, a monster truck engine burns up to 10 liters of methanol per run (approximately 80 meters) and delivers about 1,500 horsepower.
- Suspension System – In order to allow the drivers to withstand the punishing impacts of jumping and crashing a monster truck during a performance, each Monster Jam monster truck is equipped with specially-engineered extra long 76cm shock absorbers filled with oil and nitrogen gas that are installed with each tire.
- Tires – Each monster truck tire is custom made. They must be 66 inches high and 43 inches wide. The average monster truck team will go through 8 tires in one year. Tires are designed differently to satisfy various track conditions and driver preference. Carving just one tire requires over 50 hours of exacting labor.
**ChiIL Mama also has a contest going on for the duration of Monster Jam and Disney on Ice Toy Story 3, ending February 13th. Kids up to age 10--enter here with EITHER your own original monster truck name or your favorite toy name and who you think they'd hang out with out of the Toy Story 3 characters. Winner will receive a code to download Mr. Singer and The Sharp Cookies award winning kindie album, Muddy Water Beaver Dam Band.
For your chance to enter and win
1. follow ChiIL Mama on Google Friends Connect, Networked Blogs, RSS, or Twitter. You can also "like" our Facebook page if you like.
2. enter below
****BONUS: One extra entry for each social media outlet you share this on, but you must include your blog link, Twitter post, etc. on the additional entries for them to count.
For more info about Mr. Singer & The Sharp Cookies and The Muddy Water Beaver Dam Band CD, click HERE. Good luck!