Disclosure: ChiIL Mama is elated to partner up with Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa. The reviewer has received a product/service at a reduced price or for free for sharing this review with our readers. All opinions, photos, memories and travel adventures are our own.
Eagle Ridge is something special for Easter and beyond...
Easter Bunny Partners with Eagle Ridge for Family Weekend
Two Full Days of Family Activities from 1000-Egg Hunt to Best Easter Brunch in Midwest
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa (www.eagleridge.com) announced a new partnership with the internationally recognized Easter Bunny to organize a weekend full of fun and festivities for the 2014 Easter holiday. Besides contributing more than 1,300 eggs between two separate egg hunts, the Easter Bunny will greet guests on Sun., Apr. 20 as part of Eagle Ridge’s famous Easter brunch at the resort’s Woodlands Restaurant.
“The Easter Bunny has outdone himself this year,” said Thomas Ruhs, general manager at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa. “His level of mastery in egg design and concealment is unparalleled, and we’re thrilled to work with him on this event.”
All events are open to the public and to hotel guests and are free of charge except for Sunday brunch. The schedule of events includes:
SATURDAY, APR. 19, 2014
- Extraordinary Easter Egg Hunt starts at 11:00 am (Special Events Field). To celebrate Eagle Ridge’s 35th anniversary, the Easter Bunny and Eagle Ridge will create and hide more than 1,000 eggs, with great prizes in 35 eggs, including brunch for five and a weekend escape at Eagle Ridge.
- Family activities. Enjoy Mr. McGregor's Garden located on the special events field where the egg hunt is taking place. There will be a reading of "The Tale of Peter Rabbit," along with eight different breeds of rabbits, yard games, crafts, a build a bunny workshop and Mr. McGregor’s nine hole miniature golf course. Guests are encouraged to their cameras along for great photo opportunities.
- Golf driving contests starting at 11:00 a.m. (North Course Driving Range). Those ready to show off their driving skills can whack the ball with help from Eagle Ridge golf pros. The driving contest will have a little twist this year including hitting golf balls, marshmallows and tennis balls. The furthest drives will win prizes. Golf clubs are available on site.
SUNDAY, APR. 20, 2014
- Morning Easter Egg Hunt starts at 11:00 a.m. (Resort Pool Lawn Area). Families can join in on an additional Easter Egg Hunt.
- Meet the Easter Bunny starting at 11:00 a.m. (Resort Pool Lawn Area). The Easter Bunny will make another in-person appearance and be available to meet and greet Eagle Ridge guests during brunch.
- Easter Brunch at Woodlands Restaurant. This extraordinary holiday buffet will include culinary creations and family favorites alike. The cost per person is $32.00 for adults and $16.00 for children 12 and under. Reservations are available from 9:00a.m. until 3:00p.m. and can be made by calling (815) 776 5050.
Guests looking to enjoy a long Easter weekend in beautiful Galena can book the Family Time Package, which consists of accommodations for a four-day, three-night stay, $70 Eagle Ridge Dollars to be used anywhere at the resort, and pizza and soda from resort restaurant Paisanos. Prices start at $452.
More details about packages and Easter weekend events are available online at www.eagleridge.com, or by calling (800) 892-2269 with questions or to make reservations.
Check out our full slideshow from our Galena getaway weekend right here & a few favorites embedded at the bottom of this feature:
If your friends are anything like ours, your Facebook and Twitter feeds have been full of fabulous spring break shots this month. Ours ran the gamut from water park pixs to exotic international locals including India, Thailand, and Asia. We're seeing kids frolicking on sandy beaches while the parents kick back and relax with a tropical drink, and awesome urban cultural bonanzas full of world class museums, theatre, music and art.
We've been chiILin' out here in Chicago this week, rocking the theatre scene, since we just returned from Galena and are heading for Portland, OR in the near future. Of course my film industry husband travels extensively for work so he's been to Iceland, the Philippines, and the closer climes of Wisconsin, California and Florida in recent months.
But we're saving our frequent flyer miles and family travel mojo toward Portland and possibly New Orleans (one of our favorite cities where we got engaged). My daughter has been clamoring to go somewhere wonderful to celebrate her golden birthday this year. She'll be 11 on May 11th and it's also Mother's Day this year. She was born on actual Mother's Day and once again this year the date has come back around to coincide.
If a school break jaunt to Europe, or weekend in Sonoma or Napa Valley wine country isn't in the cards, that doesn't mean you have to stay home and sulk or spring clean the garage.
We highly recommend Galena as an affordable, excellent getaway with something for everyone. In the coming summer months there are hot air balloon rides, outdoor fun, golf, wine tours, caves to explore, and excellent restaurants, micro breweries, and shops. Eagle Ridge even has a summer day camp for kids who are staying at the resort with their parents. Consider Eagle Ridge for a great combination of luxury, convenience and fun the whole family will enjoy. Highly recommended.
About Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago in the heart of The Galena Territory, a 6,800 acre recreational, residential and resort community nestled amid the rolling hills of northwestern Galena, Ill. The resort grounds include 63 holes on four award-winning golf courses, and accommodations that range from quaint Inn rooms to more than 250 villas and distinctive homes. Eagle Ridge has 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space and beautiful conference homes which regularly accommodate corporate groups, banquets and weddings. Other features include award-winning restaurants, the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, and an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. For reservations or additional information, call (800) 892-2269 or visit www.eagleridge.com.
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa
444 Eagle Ridge Drive
Galena, IL 61036
Toll Free: 800.892.2269 Local: 815.777.5000 Fax: 815.777.4502
Our home away from home, Eagle Ridge:
The picturesque town:
S'mores at Eagle Ridge Spa & Resort:
Disclosure: Once again, ChiIL Mama is elated to partner up with Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa. The reviewer has received a product/service at a reduced price or for free for sharing this review with our readers. All opinions, photos, memories and travel adventures are our own.
Post a Comment