Here at ChiIL Mama it's Foodie Tuesday where we feature recipes, food related giveaways, tips, and reviews on cookbooks, products and restaurants.
Hot Lasagna is a Great Way To Banish
The Winter Cold
Disclosure: ChiIL Mama is happy to be an official Red Gold Blogger (and I have the spoon to prove it). We have been sent samples for review purposes, promotional items, and items for our giveaway. It's our pleasure to partner up with Red Gold once again. As always, all opinions are our own.
For Your Chance to WIN
A Lasagna kit from Red Gold
The lasagna kit is being provided by the family-owned Red Gold Tomatoes for ChiIL Mama's Readers. Entries open nationwide to anyone in the US and accepted till midnight February 3rd.
**The kit is a gift pack of tomatoes, lasagna noodles, a Red Gold reusable tote, apron, coupons and recipes!**
As family-run company, Red Gold is celebrating the comfort of lasagna this winter and they are encouraging folks to make their own home-made gourmet lasagna just like your family likes it.
Red Gold also will be hosting a promotion starting Jan. 13-Feb. 3 during which twice a week they will give away a Le Creuset Lasagna Pan, a Simple Gourmet Lasagna Kit, Red Gold spatula, Garfield Toy, coupons and an apron. Just go to https://www.facebook.com/RedGold to enter on or after Jan. 13th.
Red Gold’s basic lasagna recipe is a great-tasting lasagna that is layered together in just minutes with Red Gold tomatoes and three cheeses…. And of course you can add all kinds of things to it to make it your own gourmet lasagna — meat, veggies, etc.
Family-owned, Red Gold has been around since the 1940s focused on growing local in the Midwest (Ohio, Michigan and Indiana), where true seasons positively impact the flavor of tomatoes.
How do YOU do Lasagna? So many tasty ways and so little time. That's why All In One Lasagna with a quick 20min prep time/60min cook time rocks. Lasagna is a huge hit that's easy to make and bake, freeze for later, or make to share. Here's a great basic recipe you can customize any way your family likes.
ALL IN ONE LASAGNA
1/2 cup water
1 (28 ounce) can Red Gold® Crushed Tomatoes, or 2 (15 ounce) cans Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes
2 (14.5 ounce) cans Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Salt to taste
1 (16 ounce) box traditional lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 (15 ounce) carton low fat ricotta cheese
3 cups (16 ounce) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350o F. In large mixing bowl combine water, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan with 1½ cups of sauce mixture. Arrange 1/3 of noodles on top of sauce, slightly overlapped. Top with ½ of ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of sauce. Repeat layers and top with last 1/3 of noodles and the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 to 1½ hours; until noodles are cooked. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- The recipe makes 12 servings, but you could divide the recipe into two 9x9 inch baking dishes and freeze one for a wintry night supper.
- Add 1 pound ground Italian sausage or lean ground beef, cooked and drained, to the tomato mixture of the basic recipe.
- For added color, flavor and nutrition add 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and water removed, as another layer after the cheese layers.
- Add both Italian sausage and spinach for great nutritional value and appearance. Use each as a layer in the recipe.
- Add fresh basil to sauce for added color and flavor or sprinkle fresh basil on top as a garnish.
- Use fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced, as an option to shredded mozzarella cheese.
Post a Comment