ChiIL Mama's ChiIL Picks List For Unique Fam Friendly Activities This Weekend
Moon on the Lagoon:
You are a special guest at the 2nd Annual Moon on the Lagoon. FREE and open to all.
The Moon on the Lagoon-An Evening Light and Lullaby Tour w/Moon and Mars Watching
When: May 9th and 10th, 2014
Where: Around the Humboldt Park Lagoon
Viewing Time: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Drop in anytime- see schedule below.)
7:00 pm to 8:15 pm- Visit Lights and Lullaby Sing-A-Long Stations around Lagoon
8:15pm - 8:45pm - Night Time Orbit Around Lagoon, culminating at Boat House Veranda
8:45pm - 9:00 pm- Group Serenade to Moon and Lagoon:
Bring: Your singing voices, we’ll provide the lights, lullabies, and lulla-bikes
Visit www.opera-matic.com for more information.
Bring your friends, your family, and your flashlights for this special Humboldt Park lagoon twilight get-together. The Humboldt Park art group Opera-Matic, along with local community partners, has activated the paths around the Humboldt Park lagoon with orbits of light, movement, and sound. Spring is the time of year when birds move from south to north, ice melts, and we begin again. Flock together with us as we soothe ourselves quietly into spring, by circling the lagoon, the moon, and each other in song. The Light and Lullaby twilight tour is self-guided. All around the lagoon, twilight is happening in interesting ways, and the public is invited to join in lullaby sing-a-long stations, view the murmur of the lull-a-bikes gliding by, participate in flash-light flag corp dances, tour the lagoon’s lost light spots, and find community in the process. Come be part of our joyful night time gathering, powered by people and song.
Come watch, listen, and participate in:
· Serenading a Moon on the Lagoon- a large floating light sculpture that sings, sleeps, and sails across the Humboldt Park Lagoon
· Spying the Moon, Mars and Jupiter in the Sky- a special telescope station, staffed by knowledgeable folks, looks at the what's going on in the real night sky
· Light Sculptures-piles and clusters of lights make constellations on the ground the reflect a fantasy night sky
· Light and Lullaby Song Stations- special night time sing-a-long stations in unique spots located around the lagoon. (Come sing and call to your friends from across the lagoon!)
· Lull-A-Bike Sightings- night time wheels roll by throughout the evening- special guest fire-fly bikes provided by West Town Bikes
Community partners providing event and rehearsal support include:
The Adler Planetarium
Humboldt Park Advisory Council
Humboldt Park Community Song and Build Participants
Humboldt Park Montessori
Youth Making a Difference
West Town Bikes
Hope you can make it!!